Last semester we illustrated the UN human rights declaration in a group of five people.
Everyone painted 6 pictures, here are mine:
* All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and
conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
* All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All
are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any
incitement to such discrimination.
* No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
* Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions
without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and
regardless of frontiers.
* (1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and
fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall
be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
* (2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening
of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and
friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations
for the maintenance of peace.
* (3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
* (1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality
* (2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are
determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms
of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a
* (3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of
the United Nations.